Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fox Labs (2% OC, 5,300,000 SHU)

I finally got to test out a unit from Fox Labs, and I must say, it did not disappoint. The canisters themselves seemed to be of a high quality, and the spray pattern was easily the best of all the units I've tested so far. It manages a decent cone fog with a range of a little more than 10 feet, by the looks of it. Of course, this unit is also the largest I've tested (4 oz), so I would expect a little more power.

The formula itself was also impressive. In terms of sensation it performed similarly to the Wildfire I tested, strangely enough. The two of them were the only ones that managed enough of a burn on my forearm to be painful (along the lines of a bad sunburn). The respiratory effects were also quite pronounced, although that was to expected, since it sprays out in a fog.

All in all, the Fox Labs 4 oz unit is easily the best product I've tried so far. It's tied with Wildfire for effectiveness on forearm skin, but the manufacturing quality is higher, and unlike Wildfire, there's an actual company with a website and a physical location I can go to for answers, complaints (not likely), requests for information, etc.

In the next month or so, I plan on acquiring several more sprays and performing another round of testing, this time of similarly sized units that are supposed to be the best the manufacturer has to offer.

The lineup will be as follows:

Fox Labs 5.3, 4 oz (current best)
Sabre Red, 4.4 oz (the real, 1.33% stuff this time)
UDAP Mugger Fogger
Guardian Protective Devices 10%, 4 oz

Possibles:

Wildfire, 4 oz (As I said, I'm still somewhat tempted to give this a shot)
Defense Technology 1.3% major capsaicinoids (I'm not sure if they sell to non-law enforcement yet)

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is absolutely no information here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the brilliant information provided about pepper spray
    .

    ReplyDelete